With the Administrate Share Links permission, you can create and share links and embed codes to quickly share assets with others or to social media, or embed them in websites and blogs. Create as many share links and embed codes as needed for the many different ways your team or group shares assets. Share links and embed codes are available for audio files, compressed archives, images, PDFs, and, videos.
Share links and embed codes can be created from the Share button in search results, Quick View, and the Asset Details page. They can also be created from the Admin app.
Image share links and embed codes
You'll see two default sizes for share links and embed codes for images:
- 640 px (landscape)
- 360 px (portrait)
You can remove those sizes or keep them and create your own customized share links and embed codes. Any custom share links and embed codes that are created will display if you have permission to access them.
Create your own share links and embed codes for images
You're able to create your own preset share links and embed codes for images from the Share button by selecting Create Your Own from the link size dropdown. You'll then see options to select to fix the width, height, or width and height of the image or select the width and height of the original image. By default, fixed width and height is selected.
You can also select an anchor location for the image, add a background color, and rotate it. Choose to save the image as a GIF, JPEG, or PNG then select image quality, delivery, and display options. You can also allow the image to be downloaded.
If the image should be delivered over a secure connection, check to use a secure connection. To display the image as high-pixel density, check to use the retina display. If you'd like others to be able to download the original format of the image, check to show downloads. (Use of the secure connection and showing downloads are automatically checked, though you can uncheck those if security isn't an issue or if assets shouldn't be downloaded.)
For embed codes, one or both sides can be dynamically sized based on the original asset's aspect ratio. After modifications are complete, click the Link or Embed tab to obtain a share link or embed code, then click to copy the code or save it as a preset for use.
Find more details about how to customize the HTML for share links and embed codes in this article.
Video share links and embed codes
Share links and embed codes can be used to place videos on websites or in blog posts, for example. There are a few different options you can choose from for video share links and embed codes:
- The video with player option is the most common and allows you to see Insights.
- For more advanced users, the video (no player) option allows you to use our video hosting, build a video player user interface, or use the browser's default player. (Note that if you're viewing videos in IE, IE does not have a default video player, so all audio and video files must be opened in Microsoft Media Player. If you don't have Microsoft Media Player, we recommend you download it or talk with your IT team about configuring IE to use a different video player.)
- The video thumbnail option gives you a share link or embed code for the video preview image.
To share a video with someone and allow them to simply view it, we recommend using the share link. To share:
- Copy and paste the link into an email, and the person it's shared with will be able to click the link and view the video in their browser.
- Use the Video with Player and Download option to include the ability to download the video.
Dynamically play videos
Video embed code sizes default to 640x360 px, but they are responsive to the size of the width of the device you're using. Adjust the size manually by changing the numbers in the HTML text.
Automatically play videos
Video embed codes can be modified to automatically play by adding the bolded string from the code below to the location within the embed code.
<iframe src="//embed.widencdn.net/video/widen/qrxrfq38qg?u=ngfjwp&autoplay=true" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" ></iframe>
The Collective's video player will automatically detect your internet bandwidth and optimize the playback of videos based on the available internet speed. You'll see the best quality video that your internet connection allows, without interruption.
If you'd like to view videos without players in different resolutions, the code can be updated to reflect that. To view those videos in HD, change the "sd" to "hd" in the bolded section.
PDF share links and embed codes
There are a number of share link and embed code options available to you to share all of the PDF documents from your site. Here's what they are and what they mean:
- Document view and download: Open the PDF in a browser and allow others to download it.
- Document view - HTML5: View the PDF in HTML5.
- Document view - PDF: Embed the file to allow the original PDF to be found using Google searches for search engine optimization value.
- Thumbnail: Obtain a thumbnail image of the PDF. Note that the height of the thumbnail can be adjusted in the HTML text, and the default height is 300 px.
- Asset download link: Download the PDF to your computer.