If you upload via the Upload Wizard, fields that are mapped will not display in the Wizard because they'll be automatically completed in the Collective during upload.
Metadata can be mapped for all file types except InDesign files.
Create Mappings for Metadata Imports
To create a mapping for a metadata import:
- Go to the Admin app.
- Click Metadata Import in Search Settings or Upload Settings in the left navigation.
- Choose the type of metadata to map (i.e., IPTC, Exif, or XMP) from the Type dropdown menu.
- Choose the field from the file to map (e.g., Dublin Core Metadata Initiative keywords) from the File Metadata dropdown menu.
- Choose the metadata field (e.g., keywords, fonts) to map metadata to from the Asset Metadata dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
To map additional fields, click the Add Row button.
Test Metadata Field Mapping
Metadata field mappings can be tested after the mapping settings have been completed.
- Click the Test Metadata Auto Import panel.
- Click to search for an asset with metadata included in the header of the file.
- Choose the appropriate metadata type.
- Click Test.
- Wait for the file to upload.
- View the results to ensure the mappings worked correctly. Make any changes to the mapping as needed if the test did not return results as expected, save the changes, and retest until the results are as expected.
If the test upload is as successful, metadata field mapping is complete and assets can be uploaded.