The type and number of alerts displays by your user profile. Click the globe icon for Widen Collective alerts or the eye icon for watched asset alerts. Click the alert type to see more about the activity.
If you prefer to receive email notifications, you can receive those when updates are made. Emails include a message about the purpose of the notification and a link that will take you to the appropriate page in the Collective.
Note that when you read notifications within your site, you will not receive email notifications for those assets.
Customize Notification Preferences
You can customize how you receive notifications from your user profile.
To customize notification preferences:
- Click Preferences.
- Check the type of notification you want to receive (either alerts, emails, or both) for watched assets, the Collective, and any export-related tasks.
- Click Update.
As an admin, you can choose to receive both general notifications that users can get and notifications for user- and asset-related tasks. Choose user- and asset-related task notifications under Admin Notification Preferences.
User-Related Task Notifications
- Track Pending Registration Requests: You're notified when a new user submits a registration request.
- Track Users Without Roles: You're notified when there are new users without assigned roles.
- Track Expired and Expiring Users: You're notified when there are new users that will expire within seven days.
- Track Unapproved Orders: You're notified when users submit orders that require admin approval.
Asset-Related Task Notifications
- Track Assets Pending Delete: You're notified when there are new assets pending deletion.
- Track Assets Without Categories: You're notified when there are assets without categories.
Track Unreleased Assets: You're notified when there are new, unreleased assets.
- To receive emails about unreleased assets, you must be able to review uploads for the upload profile and have permission for the asset group the upload profile is connected to.
- Track new assets: To also be notified when new assets that have been released are uploaded, select the Track New Assets notification under General Notification Preferences.
- Track Expired Assets: You're notified with a list of all recently expired assets in asset groups you have permission to administrate.
- Track Assets with Empty Required Metadata: You're notified when new assets have empty required metadata fields.
- Track Conflicted Assets: You're notified when there are new conflicted assets.
- Track Lost Assets: You're notified when there are new assets not assigned asset groups.
Emails are sent to you at different times when activities occur in your site.
Assets are published to social networks
New comments are added
Exports are ready to download
Notification every 30 minutes
New assets are uploaded
Assets with updated metadata
Assets with empty required metadata
Assets without categories
Expiring assets (only expiring watched assets)
Pending delete assets
Users without roles