With the refine search, you can narrow search results using filters that are based on certain criteria selected by your Widen Collective admin. After search results display, the Refine Search area automatically offers options for you to further refine your search and narrow the results. The area remains in place and visible as you scroll through results.
If you're a Collective admin, you can contact the Widen Central Support team with the fields you'd like displayed as refine search options, as well as the order you want them to display in.
Searches can be refined by:
- Animation: Find animated GIF files.
- Asset status: Find released, unreleased, and expired assets.
- Attached documents: Find assets with documents attached.
- Categories: Find assets by relevant child categories.
- Collections: Find personal, shared, and global collections.
- Comments: Find assets with public comments.
- Document search: Search document text for search terms entered in the quick search.
- File types: Find PDFs, videos, documents, images, and compressed archives.
- Metadata: Find assets with specific metadata fields.
- Orientation: Find assets by horizontal, vertical, and square layouts.
- Ratings: Find assets that have been rated by others.
- Search within: Refine searches within your site by certain keywords.
Check out our brief video to learn more.