After opening the Console, you may have to refresh the page to capture the error.
Error lines are the most significant portion of the Console. You may need to scroll to see them. They'll be identified with red text or they'll be highlighted.
Take a screenshot of the entire browser window, including the Console, with any error lines that display.
- Open the Chrome menu at the top right corner of the browser window
- Select More Tools > Developer Tools > Console
Chrome Example Error Message
- Click F12 to open developer tools
- Ensure the Console tab is selected
IE Example Error Message
- Open the Firefox menu at the top right of the browser window
- Select the Developer icon > Web Console
- Ensure the JS tab is selected in the console
Firefox Example Error Message
Enable the Develop menu in the menu bar
- Click Safari in the menu bar > Preferences
- Select the Advanced tab
- Ensure "Show Develop menu in menu bar" is checked
- Click the Develop menu in the menu bar > Show Error Console
Safari Example Error Message